Memorial day is unofficially but widely considered the first day of summer. Schools are almost out, the weather is getting better, pools are opening, and the barbecue is cleaned and ready for some grillin’. Since it’s National Hamburger Day we thought we’d share with you some of our team’s favorite summer activities, backyard barbecue being one of them.
- Hiking. If you’re looking for a healthy activity to do this summer, hiking the nearest mountain should be at the top of your list. Not only are you getting your workout in, but you get to be out in nature and see sights that are otherwise inaccessible.
- Camping. We know camping isn’t for everyone, but if you love the rugged life some rough camping might be just what you need this summer. Cooking over the fire and sleeping under the unobstructed stars are just a few of the beautiful moments you can have when you’re out camping.
- Pool Party. If you’re craving some vitamin D, getting out under the sun with a pool party should satisfy that craving. There’s nothing better than a refreshing dip in cool water as it reflects the blue sky overhead. The sound of splashing and laughter as everyone plays together is a staple of a great pool party.
- Barbecue. Just imagine some sizzling burgers with melting cheese. Or maybe some perfectly seasoned steak kabobs. They say eating together builds and strengthens relationships better than any other activity, which might explain why a barbecue has always been a popular summer party.
- Baseball games. Fun fact about Kornerstone: Many of our employees are avid baseball fans. Our VP of Sales loves the Red Sox. The CRO is a Mariners fan. And they aren’t the only ones! If you’re looking for a fun family outing, going to the diamond for a game (even if it’s minor league) is something fun for the whole family. Even if you don’t love the game, the food and the atmosphere are part of the experience, and spending time with friends and family can make it well worth it.
There are a million things to do this time of year. With school coming to an end we’re all looking for fun things to do. Visit our Facebook page and tell us what your favorite summer plans are.